question

Mike Salaru avatar image
Mike Salaru asked

Smart Battery Protect says OUTPUT DISABLED BY REMOTE

Smart Battery Protect says OUTPUT DISABLED BY REMOTE and because of that I can't use any of the 12V devices.

Can someone advise as to why there is no power going out to my 12V distribution board from the SBP100?

And the same why no power going to the Battery from the SBP200 ?

Both are saying that they have been "Output Disabled by Remote"

Many thanks

1. SBP100 for load disconnect

2. SBP for Load disconnect

3. SBP100

4. SBP200

5. BMV readings.

6. As you can see the negative voltage is coming to the negative feed of the 12V distribution. And 12 V positive feed going to SBP "IN" field, but nothing goes out to the loads.

7. VE.BUS BMS

8. SBP flashing lights

Lithium BatteryBMSBattery ProtectVEConfigure 3VE.Bus
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Mike Salaru avatar image Mike Salaru commented ·

The second picture made a mistake, it's for SBP200 for Charge disconnect (from solar mppt and sterling).

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

You have connected the BMS signal to the "L" pin of the remote, you have to use the "H" pin.

Take another look at the manual.

8 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

I have made the changes, and the "OUTPUT Disabled by remote" is still there, any other suggestions? Thank you

P.s: on a side note, why is the SBP100 showing a different voltage to the SBP200? In victron connect9f41b3d1-b7a4-4310-8e57-b9c09b56e328.png

a3965a3f-c21f-43f2-aefb-23258726ab9a.pngc8b9dd74-3d90-4d9a-ad0c-71c743997f53.jpeg2dd0ec25-281c-4bb6-8537-9ff3768ec583.jpeg

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ Mike Salaru commented ·

On the last picture the BMS is off because the VE.Bus cable to the Multi isn't connected.

0 Likes 0 ·
Mike Salaru avatar image Mike Salaru Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

Brilliant, thank you.

My multiplus came as I later realised from the seller with E7 error, Until it's properly programmed through VE.Configure to work with Lithium battery through an MK3-USB adapter I won't be connecting it to the BMS. Once configured, I will give it another try and hopefully that will sort the issues. Thank you for continuos support Matthias!

0 Likes 0 ·

As long as you don't have the Multi connected you can just connect a small wire from the negative to the "battery -" pin of the BMS.

PS: your installation looks nice and clean.

0 Likes 0 ·

Thank you!

I have been very nervous to get eveything right as it's my first time doing it.

Would you know why SBP100 shows the battery to be 13.30V and the DBP200 shows to be 12.89V in the battery as you can see from above images in victron connect app?

0 Likes 0 ·

The SBP shows you the voltage of the input. So the 100A shows you the battery voltage and the 200A shows you the voltage of the MPPT/sterling.

0 Likes 0 ·

That makes sense, thank you for clarifying this!

0 Likes 0 ·

It worked, thank you !

0 Likes 0 ·