question

tschoeki avatar image
tschoeki asked

Can I use the temperature information that is shown by my Smart Lithium Batteries in a VE-Network (Cerbo)?

Hi all!

I installed two brand-new 200ah 12V Lithium Smart Batteries from Victron in my van. Those new one come with Bluetooth connection. Via the Victron smartphone app, I can check the temperature of each battery. Now I was wondering if it is possible to provide this information to my Cerbo GX or Smart MPPT. I know that the Cerbo has several temperature sensor inputs for cable sensors. But hopefully, there is a way to use the information that is already there :)

Any suggestions? :)

cerbo gxLithium BatteryBluetoothVE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @tschoeki,

there is no other way to check temperature of each individual SmartLithium other than using Bluetooth and VictronConnect...unless you hook up an external temperature sensor to each of the batteries through the analogue inputs of the Cerbo GX. In that case internal battery temperature may differ compared to the external sensor.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

tschoeki avatar image tschoeki commented ·

Thanks, @Stefanie for clarifying. Hopefully there will be better ways in the future :)

0 Likes 0 ·