I have had my Victron Multiplus 2 GX 5kVa unit for a week now of which it has only worked correctly for 2 days out of 7. When it did work correctly, it was perfect. ESS at its best but after 2 days I identified I needed to make a change to the settings in the config file. When i went to do so, the option to download the config file was missing form the VRM portal. Reading the forum and Victron self help guides, it appeared I needed a firmware update. I followed the instructions for the update to the point as best I could assuming all was well only to find out ESS had stopped working after I had finished the update. I have tried everything!. I have re-uploaded the config fil from EV Configure 3 several times, I have checked the settings in the remote console, I have previous posted on the Victron Community forum trying to resolve this issue which has given me other things to try but still no luck getting the inverter to invert automatically.
I have been directed to load my 'rvms' file into the VE Bus Configurator but I have no RVMS file and no one seems able to tell me where to find the file.
The company I purchased the unit from don't have a clue, they only know how to sell products so they are a waste of time. There is no apparent information on the Victron website on how to resole this specific issue.
List of relevant setting / info from within VRM Remote Portal
- Multiplus-II 48/5000 / 70-50 / Switch / On
- Product ID 2623 Firmware Version 496
- VRM instance 275
- VE Bus version 2623496
- Mk2 version 1170212
- Setting / Firmware / Firmware Version v2.85
- Setting / Remote Console / Enable on VRM / 'On'
- Setting / System setup / AC Input 1 / 'Grid'
- Setting / VRM online portal / VRM two-way communication / 'ON'
- Setting / ESS . Mode / Optimized (with batterylife)
List of relevant setting / info from within VE Configure 3 (Then uploaded via VRM)
- General / External Current Sensor - tick
- General / Enable Battery monitor - tick
- General / shore input limit / 50A
- General / Overruled by remote - unticked
- Inverter / output voltage - 230v
- Inverter / shutdown on SOC - tick + SOC shutdown 20%, low restart 50%
- Charger / Enable charger - tick
- VS / Do not use VS - tick
- Assistants / ESS
Link to video showing settings used in the above
Again, any help in resolving this issue would be greatly appreciated. I thought the firmware update had failed as ESS stopped working after the firmware update but with the advice recieved and the information available on the Victron website, it now appears to be something different. Is there is inverter limiter hidden somewhere in a setting. Comments and suggestions please. I'd be happy to share my screen with some one via Teams or Zoom.