question

notger avatar image
notger asked

Wattage logging accuracy of VE.Direct Devices?

Hi,

I’m operating a small 600Watt (probably upgraded to 1200 soon) offgrid system.

Until now I only use Victron Components…Smart Solar MPPT 100/30, a CCGX and an old Victron 350Watt Inverter, And a no Name DCDC Converter (converting 24 Volt Battery into 12V)

I really Love the CCGX functionality and overview about all Energy usage and gain on the Display and also the VRM-Portal.

So I did some Research here in the community, and found out that the Wattage logging of the Phoenix VE.Direct inverters is really not accurate.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/13158/phoenix-241200-inverter-energy-use-watts-reading-h.html

So it actually kind of useless to base Energy-Consumption-Calculations on that Logging then.

How is your personal experience with the new Small Multiplus Chargers/Inverters

https://www.victronenergy.com/inverters-chargers/multi-500-va

….(the are not added to the Demo Library right now, so I do not know what gets logged)

Is the Measurement accurate like with other Multiplus ?

And how is this accuracy ?

Greets and Thanks

Gernot

VRMCCGX Color ControlPhoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @notger

The small Multiplus units (Multi's always have Ve.bus connection) have the same functions and accuracy as the big units.

The ve.direct units indeed have a very rudimentary readout, like this:

Also: consumption doesn't show in the dashboard view if VRM with ve.direct device.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

notger avatar image
notger answered ·

@Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff)

"Also: consumption doesn't show in the dashboard view if VRM with ve.direct device."

Ah, Ok, so you mean the Watt-Cunsumtion of Ve.Direct Inverters will not get added/summed up in the VRM "Consumption" ?

What about the CCGX dies it show up in "AC Loads" actually ?

1 comment
2 |3000

No they do not show up, if you have a BMV then you can see the DC-load of the unit.

0 Likes 0 ·
notger avatar image
notger answered ·

Are the "new smaller" Multiplus

https://www.victronenergy.com/inverters-chargers/multi-500-va

actually the same as the the "old" Multiplus-Compact

just in Plastic-Housing instead of Steel-Housing now ?

Cause in the Victron-Connect-App Demo Libary i can just find the Multiplus-Compact for now.

will all shown and logged data be the same ?

1 comment
2 |3000

They function the same as the Compact units, you can even parallel them or make 3 phase systems.

0 Likes 0 ·