question

abrahamsolar avatar image
abrahamsolar asked

3 ph Quattro off grid; two Fronius 3 ph; can VRM display each Fronius wattage as a separate number?

I'm finalizing the design for a 2019 project. Clients prefer if VRM can display the wattage of their first Fronius Symo inverter separately from the wattage of their second Fronius Symo. I had planned for the two Symo's to share one Data Manager 2.0 card, hence only one connection to the LAN.

Does VRM always combine the Symo wattages into only one number? What if I used a second Data Manager card so each Symo has a separate connection to the LAN?

OR: is Fronius Solar.web our best bet for seeing the solar data in more granular form?

OR: your other suggestions would be welcomed. Thanks in advance~

VRMCCGX Color ControlFroniussensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi @abrahamsolar, browsing through old unanswered posts; I found this one. Sorry nobody was able to answer sooner.

What I do know for 100%, is that when each of the Froniusses has their own datamanager (= their own ip address on the lan from our point of view I’m assuming), then you can see and plot each individually on VRM. And on the gui of your GX device as well.

Not on dashboards, but for VRM on the advanced page and for the GX gui on the device list.

I’m 95% sure that indeed you need two datamanagers for that. But Might work with one. But I don’t think so. If you try, then please let me know as well.

Documentation by the way is here:

https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:ccgx_fronius

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.