question

innoboreal avatar image
innoboreal asked

Low Voltage Alarm when SoC from BMS lower than 15%, rather than programmed "shut-down on SoC"

We've several installations with next characteristics:

- Multiplus-II 3000 or 5000

- Off-grid but with a manual generator (not automatic on many of them)

- Cerbo GX (recent installation with GX-S), normally updated to the last version (higher than 3.0).

- 48V 2.4kWh Dyness batteries, recognised and monitored by the Cerbo for several years without issues.

-"Shut-down on SoC" on the VEConfigure for the Multiplus at 10% and reconnection at 12%

- All settings shown on the recomendations for Pylontech and Victron: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/battery_compatibility:pylontech_phantom

- Managed critical and non-critical loads using ACOUT2 at higher SoC values, such that non-critical .loads disconnect at 15% and reconnect at 16%.

We've experienced "Low Voltage Alarm" that completely turn-off the Multiplus at 15% (of course, both critical and non-critical loads). My guess is that, in recent versions of GX, lower than 15% SoC are considered as "critical" by the GX device, and it turn-off the Multiplus, even though the Multi is programmed to turn-off at lower than 10% SoC. But I haven't found any post talking about that.

We also have a rather inconvenient but acceptable behaviour in which if the VE Bus cable or the BMS-CAN cable are disconnected, the multi also turn-off. This is acceptable, but shows that the multi is not independent of the Cerbo and managed in certain conditions outside its internal pre-programed parameters.

To summerize, if Low Voltage Alarm has a threshold at 15% on the GX, this value should be either inherited from the value programmed on the "Shut-down on SoC" on the multi, or at least should be editable.

Have any of you found this problem? I'll try to re-produce it next days.

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxSOCoffgridshutdown
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers