question

shadz avatar image
shadz asked

Dyness BX51100 SOC and Low battery alarm

Hi All,

I have been struggling to get assistance on an issue with the BX51100 and my victron system, any assistance will be appreciated.

Setup:

Victron multiplus 48/5000/70

Pv blue solar charger

Cerbo GX

dyness Bx 51100

I had 2 x bx 48500 batteries on the system which would switch off the inverter after one of the batteries was depleted, so i changed to the BX51100 battery.

Initially i would get a low battery alarm and high DC ripple alarm when the grid would fail (loadshedding) for less than a minute, then the system would come back on and run fine.

i couldn't figure it out even after changing cables, removing shunts and redoing all the crimps on the system, the error would still be there. i then had the battery exchanged, and now the problem still exists, but i also have a low battery Socket which shows at 80% then in a matter of seconds goes to zero. when i remove the Can cable, the battery Soc lights remain off, but the system inverts fine.

i have tried "victron experts" who all have differing view on the matter, and Victron themselves have no support, it seems like a software or communication issue.

Even though Dyness say their batteries are compatible, and the cerbo picks the battery up as a dyness L battery, the SOC values differ. i have changed Ve config files to make the system a little more tolerant too low voltages. but the battery never drops below that value on the bms or the inverter.

ive also rolled back firmware on the Cebo to v2.9 as per dyness's request, still hasn't resolved my issue.

has anyone else had similar issues?

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxBMSSOClow battery warning
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers