question

amr952 avatar image
amr952 asked

Mopeka Pro Check Universal - CerboGX Support

Good Morning!

I have a couple of Mopeka Pro Check sensors connected to LPG tanks and connected to my RaspberryPi running Venus OS. These sensors are working great. I recently purchased a Mopeka Pro Check Universal sensor so I could monitor my generator gas tank level. I do not see this sensor listed in the Cerbo. I have tried holding the sync button and also set Bluetooth to continuous scanning. Based on the documenation it seems that "Mopeka Pro" sensors are supported as of 2.90. Does that not include the Universal sensor? Am I missing something obvious here?

Versions:

RasperryPi 4 running 3.01 Large

Working Sensor - https://www.mopekaiot.com/product/mopeka-pro-sonar-tank-monitor

Not Working Sensor - https://www.mopekaiot.com/product/mopeka-pro-check-universal-aluminum-plastic-composite-and-poly-tanks

Thank you!

Andrew

cerbo gxVenus OSRaspberry PiBluetoothmopeka sensors
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

16 Answers
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) avatar image
Dirk-Jan Faber (Victron Energy) answered ·

Support for the newer Mopeka devices got added in the latest candidate release (3.20~30).

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

overtaxed avatar image overtaxed commented ·
What's the general time frame between RC and GA? Just curious when this might hit in a public update.
0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ overtaxed commented ·

v3.00 was in beta for over 6 months, v3.10 around 3 months.

With the big GUI update I guess it will take another 2-3 months for the 3.20 to be ready for public release.

But maybe the Mopeka support will be added into a smaller update.

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/244325/venus-os-v32027-available-for-testing.html

0 Likes 0 ·
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Only the Mopkeka Pro LPG and water sensors have been added to Vemus OS. See

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/148366/mopeka-pro-sensors-in-venus-29018.html

1 comment
2 |3000

charcast avatar image charcast commented ·

I‘m seeing this link is no longer working. I hope that means it’s being updated. I just bought 3 Mopeka Pro Check Universal Sensors.

0 Likes 0 ·
Glenn avatar image
Glenn answered ·

I believe that the Universal Sensor does not yet integrate with Victron. I'm using 10 LPG and Water Pro Sensors. Lots of experimenting but I've figured it out and have everything linked and communicating flawlessly in a 46' RV.

2 |3000

m-verbeek avatar image
m-verbeek answered ·

Hi Mathijs, is there any development at Victron to include the Mopeka Pro check Universal sensor to Venus OS? This might be a very useful addition to the bluetooth sensor range....

2 |3000

waveform avatar image
waveform answered ·

I too would love to see the Universal support added to Cerbo. I would like to use the new Universal sensors I bought for my diesel fuel tanks on my boat. It would seem like it should be a fairly simple integration.

2 |3000

Chad Heiser avatar image
Chad Heiser answered ·

Mopeka no longer offers the original Pro Check LPG and Water sensors. They have upgraded to the Universal sensors as the only option. I just communicated with the owner of Mopeka (since I am a dealer for their sensors) regarding the new Universal sensors. He stated Mopeka changed the communication protocol in the new Universal sensors and they will not communicate with Venus OS as a result. He said, "the ball is in Victron's court." I know the original development to communicate with the Pro Check sensors happened from one of the users and was incorporated into a firmware update by Victron. Hopefully something similar is happening with the new sensors. Since the original Pro Check sensors are no longer available from Mopeka, it would be a shame to loose this great functionality. Does anyone from Victron have any input or any idea about when this might happen???

2 |3000

mtnbrit avatar image
mtnbrit answered ·

I would love to see Mopeka support on the GlobalLink-520 as well, just like it already supports Ruuvi, should be trivial to add Mopeka.

2 |3000

ak68 avatar image
ak68 answered ·

I have bought 2 Mopepa Pro Universal- which works fine at ma gas-bottles.

Of course I would like to integrate them in VenusIS (Alternatively directly to Home Assistent)

Does anyone know if it id planned ?

2 |3000

jdstephens avatar image
jdstephens answered ·

I too hope support is added soon, was about to buy 6 sensors and glad I checked this page before clicking the purchase link. - Hurry up and add support Victron!

2 |3000

jdubbayew avatar image
jdubbayew answered ·

Just found this out the hard way yesterday. Bought before checking if the newer universal sensors worked with the Cerbo. Will wait for Victron to update the Cerbo compatibility

2 |3000

ainoa avatar image
ainoa answered ·

Any new developments with the support of the Pro Check Universal? I love Victron products, but feel that they have these limitations with simple things like the support of these sensors, or the support of their own Smart IP43 chargers on VenusOS and Cerbo displays.

2 |3000

Jean Delgado avatar image
Jean Delgado answered ·

Picked up the new Universal sensor before seeing this note. Checked the Venus OS code and I see an issue was brought up 2 weeks ago with few updates. Any chance we can find out how far along this is? Any way we can help get this integrated better? If the new sensor is better with battery as it states, I would like to use these instead, not only in my own setup, but my customer's as well.

2 |3000

ian-1 avatar image
ian-1 answered ·

I will add my name to the list of people who bought the new universal sensor without checking compatability. I just ordered the original, but look forward to using both when the software is updated.

3 comments
2 |3000

Mark G avatar image Mark G commented ·
+1 - Would also like to see Universal support
0 Likes 0 ·
rwickham avatar image rwickham commented ·

I would also like to see the Cerbo support Mopeka Pro universal sensors.

Also the ability to remove Mopeka Pro sensors from the bluetooth lost on the Cerbo when no longer needed or replaced.

0 Likes 0 ·
derrick thomas avatar image derrick thomas rwickham commented ·
Support for the Pro Universal sensors has been added and is available in the beta v3.20~35
0 Likes 0 ·
Charles Gomes avatar image
Charles Gomes answered ·

I hope there is updates to support victron soon.

2 |3000

cloveshred avatar image
cloveshred answered ·

I would like to see support all well.

2 |3000

ak68 avatar image
ak68 answered ·

The Pro Check-Universal is NOW working with the new Venus-OS update 3.14 :)

https://professional.victronenergy.com/news/detail/235/

The ID´s are: 24+25, the Modbus adresses are: 3000-3005 (That works perfect with Homeassistant)

The Mopeka-Homeassistant-Bluetooth integration (V. 24.1 should do it) doesn´t find the Mopeka-Universal-Pro

1 comment
2 |3000

bryant-beers avatar image bryant-beers commented ·
Are you currently using the universal in Home Assistant? I'm trying to measure a diesel tank, but I'm running it an issue of the app and HA not showing the same measurement in inches. I suspect the app is doing some calculations when measuring diesel vs propane.
0 Likes 0 ·