question

kamflyer avatar image
kamflyer asked

Mopeka Pro connection to Cerbo GX very unstable

I have 3 Mopeka Pro LP sensors that I cannot get to reliably connect to my Cerbo GX. Cerbo firmware is 3.01. The connections keep dropping and rarely do I have all 3 connected at the same time. When they are connected though they work fine. One sensor is only about 4' from the Cerbo. Batteries are all good. At first I thought it might be a bluetooth issue so I added a BT dongle but that has made no difference. They work fine through the Mopeka app on phone even at 3x the distance.

Anyone else seeing this and if so did you find a solution?

Thx

cerbo gxBluetoothmopeka sensors
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

I had to add a Bluetooth dongle as my Mopeka sensors had poor connection. The connection quality was a lot better but still not perfect so I turned on continuous scanning on my Cerbo GX and now get perfect connection. As my Cerbo has wired LAN connection to my router I am not concerned about the potential interference with the Cerbo wifi.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kamflyer avatar image kamflyer commented ·
Thanks @pwfarnell. Setting Continuous Scanning seems to have done the trick. All 3 have been there every time I have checked since making the change.
1 Like 1 ·
kamflyer avatar image kamflyer commented ·
Thanks for the tip, I will give it a try.
0 Likes 0 ·
Daniele Calabrese avatar image
Daniele Calabrese answered ·

I have Sam's problem.snd I have ext Bluetooth. I will enable continuous scanning as well

1 comment
2 |3000

Fideri avatar image Fideri commented ·

@Daniele Calabrese

If you solved the problem of your Mopekas, how far are they from your Cerbo?

And which exact Bluetooth extender are you using?

Fideri

0 Likes 0 ·
Daniele Calabrese avatar image
Daniele Calabrese answered ·

Works now.. 6 meter or so and I added tp link Bluetooth 4.0 since I was told 5.0 Bluetooth were not compatible with cerbo maybe there are now with new software. ?

2 |3000

Fideri avatar image
Fideri answered ·

@Daniele Calabrese

Noted. My distance is much longer, about 60m. I'm working on a solution. I plan to use the UB400. It seems the UB500 still doesn't work..

Fideri

2 |3000