question

zs1ra avatar image
zs1ra asked

Cerbo GX not detecting Bluetooth Sensor

I have been struggling for several months now to enable my Mopeka Bluetooth Sensor.

I have tried the following:

1/ Bought a new TP Link USB 4.0 as recommended in the documentation

2/ Upgraded the Firmware 3 times, up to ver 3.0

3/ Rebooted umpteen times.

4/ Removed the power umpteen times

5/ Disabled the Bluetooth

6/ Disabled the Access Point

7/ Re-enabled the above

8/ Turned Continuous Scanning On and Off several times

I know that the Bluetooth dongles work because I can see it registered when I plug it in and out but I cannot get it to detect the Mopeka sensor. I also know that the Mopeka sensor is transmitting and it reaches the area where the Cerbo GX is located because I checked it with my phone right next to the Cerbo GX.

Attached are screenshots of my system. I would really appreciate assistance as this is frustrating me to death and is seriously damaging my faith in the Victron brand.

Pic-1 No dongle inserted

img-0781.png

Pic-2 With dongle inserted

img-0782.png

Pic-3 No sensors detected

img-0783.png

Pic-4 Mopeka App works with sensor

img-0785.png

cerbo gxBluetoothmopeka sensors
img-0781.png (182.3 KiB)
img-0782.png (196.0 KiB)
img-0783.png (222.9 KiB)
img-0785.png (189.1 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

There is a faulkt in some of the cerbos - being that when the bluetooth unit inside the cerbo gets hot it stops working, sugest that you purchase a usb bluetooth dongle and plug that into the middle USB port, and that should fix your issue

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

packrat1969 avatar image
packrat1969 answered ·

I have a fairly new Cerbo Gx and (3) of the Mopeka sensors. (1) Fresh Water and (2) Propane (Starboard & Port Tanks). The Cerbo's internal Bluetooth detects all three sensors approximately 60% of the time. And they randomly drop out. This really doesn't cut it. I've added a new TP Link UB400 Bluetooth 4.0 adapter in one of the USB ports in an attempt to overcome the internal Bluetooth's failings, but I haven't found any way to positively disable the internal Bluetooth unit. Even in the Settings/IO/Bluetooth Sensors/Bluetooth Adapters menu screen all I get is a listing for hci0 and hci1. Each with a MAC address-like hex identifier. Neither line can be selected for enabling or disabling. Is there someplace else to do this?

1 comment
2 |3000

nesswill avatar image nesswill commented ·

I had the same problem as you with the TP Link USB 4.0, i put it on an 2m extension lead on it and now all my Ruuvi,s work just fine and one of them is 50m from the TP Link, i did not bother to try and disable the internal BT in the CERBO GX.

tp.png

0 Likes 0 ·
tp.png (26.0 KiB)