question

conradzik avatar image
conradzik asked

Cerbo putting Multiplus 12/3000/120 in on/off loop.

Hello!

I recently upgraded from v1 of the ve.bus BMS to v2 to gain the ability to change the MultiPlus' mode via the Cerbo's touch display. While testing everything worked great. I was able to change the MultiPlus 3000 between on/off/charger/inverter and it stayed in that mode.

Since I had the cabinet open I redid some wiring for a couple of days and now my Cerbo is putting the MultiPlus in a constant loop. Doesn't matter what mode I tell the Cerbo to put the MultiPlus in. No major changes were made. Just some cable shortening and adding some ethernet for the new BMS v2 -> Cerbo connection.

As soon as I removed the RJ45 on the Cerbo coming from the BMS v2, the MultiPlus behaves normally. The BMS remains connected to the MultiPlus with no issues.

It seems that the Cerbo is causing this behavior.

Anyone have any ideas? I've tried DVCC on/off with a BMS restart after.

Updates have been done on all devices and my MultiPlus has the 27xxxx series microprocessor that supports mode changes via GX device.

Thank you!

cerbo gxBMSmultiplus ve.busVE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

You say you shortened cables...did you alter the Vebus cable to the multi? Do you have a managed battery? If so try resetting the Vebus. (On the cerbo go to device list/multiplus/advanced/reset vebus

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

conradzik avatar image conradzik commented ·
Hi Derrick thank you for your response. It looks like I was able to resolve the issue of the on/off loop with a firmware update to the BMS v2 (I missed that one, it's slightly buried in VictronConnect). I'm running into a separate issue with the BMS v2 that I've posted about separately.

Thank you!

0 Likes 0 ·