question

acbear avatar image
acbear asked

Viewing Victron smart battery info via cerbo gx with no inverter?

Hi, I have a dedicated electronics bank consisting of (2) 200ah smart lifepo4 batteries, two smart Orion dc/dc chargers, ve.bus bms, smart shunt and smart protect. I recently added a Cerbo GX.

The smartshunt connected fine to the cerbo but I can’t seem to get the cerbo to see the bms. Since I often need to monitor remotely I am hoping there is a way to see similar info to what I can see via Bluetooth when local.

Any advice on how to best connect the ve.bus bms to the cerbo and/or how to see more than just basic shunt info remotely?

Thanks much.

cerbo gxBMSVE.Bus
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@ACbear

The VE.Bus BMS is only shown on the GX device when connected to a VE.Bus inverter or inverter/charger such as a MultiPlus and then only as additional info for diagnostic and not what you're used to see in VictronConnect from your Smart Lithium batteries.

This data is only available via Bluetooth with VictronConnect, no matter which Victron BMS you use.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

acbear avatar image acbear commented ·
Ugg, ok thank you, so really for my simple setup the cerbo is not useful as my Maretron system gives me the same info. Will pull the Cerbo and use it in my bigger house bank install.

Is there a way with a PC to see the more advanced Bluetooth info or does it need the app?

0 Likes 0 ·
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) ♦♦ acbear commented ·

What information from the Maretron system do you mean?

Without a GX device you will hardly see any Victron data on your Maretron.

0 Likes 0 ·