question

Eric Heiberg avatar image

Maximum SOC dropping by 0,5% every day.

Recently my SOC kept showing less and less (down to 46 % before I partially solved the problem) even though the battery showed 28,2 volts (24 volt lithium Ion battery -Easysolar 3kVA).

I set the charging values on the multiplus lower than the MPPT (since I dont have a bluetooth dongle yet I cant adjust the MPPT charging parameters) after reading about this here on the forum.

The SOC then bounced up to 100% -but the maximum SOC % is slowly going down again by a rate of 0,5% per day:

Now the SOC is showing 97% as todays highest although the battery voltage is the same (28,2 volt).

Any tips on how to solve this?

Eric

Lithium BatteryEasySolar All-in-OnebatterySOCoffgrid
10 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
moonlightrider avatar image
moonlightrider answered ·

I remember I had a similar problem with my little (UPS) setup here

I related this to voltage adjustment to meet battery temperature (sensor), that may cause small ghost loads from time to time... anyway that's what I think, never ever Victron staff gave me a explanation.

The only workaround I came up was correcting (via automatic script in Venus OS, running on Rpi) SOC every day to 100% if system state is in 'Storage'

That script uses dbus to correct SOC on the Multiplus...

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Eric Heiberg avatar image
Eric Heiberg answered ·

Thank you for your answer :-) What do you mean by tweak?

Eric

1 comment Share

change the settings until it works correctly.

What settings do you have now?
increasing the 'charge efficiency' setting is probably the thing you need.

Boekel avatar image
Boekel answered ·

What is the source of this SOC value? (multi, BMV, BMS, ??)

You'll need to tweak the settings of this battery monitor to get the reading correct.

1 comment Share

Multiplus in the Easysolar 3kva is the source -adjusting the charge settings lower partially works.....