question

raymond-nicolas avatar image
raymond-nicolas asked

Is it possible as a customer to get a installation manual, that I can't find online about easysolar 24/3000/70?

Hi

In fact I would like to be able to progrès in my installation, without bothering my dealer especially on a Sunday, and I find that it lacks some info for an individual for the connection and config of an easysolar 24V, 3000VA, 70A.

Normally in manuals, we should find features and installation instructions, and the first diagnoses of Troubleshooting

This is the case for the mppt controller and the inverter charger that makes up this easysolar!

But I can't find the right one, for the whole easysolar.

I was on the victron site, the support section...

Which evokes:

1) Manuals

2) Suppliers

3) here ;)

In manual, I find a sub menu that inclues 'easysolar'

I selected it, And nothing about my easysolar 's manuel , but more interesting and technical notions of the rule of 1 to 1 regarding AC coupling, or info on VE, direct and many other things but not the manual I'm looking for (if possible in French)

I also go to see the 'old documentation' section

Nothing found either.

Basically what is specific to the regulator, the charger/ inverter, CCGX that I have the manuals of these sub-elements.

For a regular installer, It's simple!

I hesitated to disassemble the bottom hood where are the circuit breakers ..., on the face of it, it was good to do and for a concrete example:

the connection of the battery (classic lead) :

Or can you find the manual of this circuit board and its elements where you have to connect at half height of this easysolar the cables of the battery

Admittedly to say the least battery is written on the PCB, But for the most two screws could have been possible with a black element between the two (fuse?) for the positive connection.

In new approach to this philosophy victron (which I still like hihi) I remain a little in hesitation, battery connected, the CCGX screen of the easysolar lights up without having to intervene on any button the central button between the lights remaining on off

We don't know for sure if we should continue with settings? I saw that on my Android app a new 'friend' (smart mppt...) was present, so I allowed him the connection and the update proposal, I launched it, then updated it surprised me but maybe it must be incremental, and that went well ...

Logically I was going to continue to cable the entrance photovoltaic panels ... If this screen hadn't lit up on its own.

Finally, the process for installation, and therefore the first commissioning seems incomplete to me with the documents handed over.

Just before I started with the installation of a BMV712, and for this element I followed the installation procedure from A to Z, no doubt, but in terms of the interconnections between the basic elements of the easysolar,

My next Doubt concern the 'ground' markings, on the PCB.

I just have to connect the mass of the case below at the bottom right on the ground socket of the installation or I must also add the points notes ground on the circuit board ?

Well understood that there is a secure management of this next ground connection whether the AC input is connected or not... And I think that must be the right option for France by default.

Finally I think I lack a general manual on the whole of this easysolar.

The wiring documents provided for the multiplus do not mention the peculiarities of this easysolar and the interconnection already wired for most of them.

Thank you for any help on these multiple uncertainties. And especially on the magic link download of the installation manual of this easysolar.

Kind regards

EasySolar All-in-OnebatterywiringinstallationGrounding
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Bonjour @RayMonD NICOLAS

You're quite right, your model Easy comes with no specific manual. My 48/5000 Easy is now some 3.5 years old and arrived with individual manuals for the Multi, mppt and CCGX, along with a few bits like mounting bracket, temp sensor, CAN terminators, and little else. (You could ask your installer if he hasn't passed those on).

All you really miss is the 'prewiring', which is largely self-explanatory once the covers are off.

There's one model Easy which did make the grade for it's own manual. From memory it's a 1600, and I've no idea why. Maybe something different aboard that warranted it?

There aren't really any 'peculiarities' aboard that you'll miss by not having a specific Easy manual.

And the online literature/help far surpasses the printed matter anyway.

Re the 'grounding', you'll find it matches what's aboard a Multi. Should be connected pcb to frame anyway, and you can test for that, even wire to both..

If you need help with anything, just ask your installer or here.

You've bought the best, and I love how hard they try to develop this stuff with firmware, etc. It keeps happening, and manuals are poor followers. What's printed today may be outdated tomorrow, but when improvements arrive, sometimes make for breakthroughs in functionality.

Get to know your kit with what you have. Manual or not. Enjoy..

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources