question

saintgtr34 avatar image
saintgtr34 asked

Data path of a USB stick on the Rasperry pi with Venus Os

Hello everyone

I have a Raspberry pi with Venus OS large and would like to write data to a USB stick plugged into the Pi using Node Red. Unfortunately I couldn't find out what the path of the USB stick is, and all Linux commands don't work to find it out. can someone help me?

Venus OSRaspberry PiNode-REDstorage
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
bathnm avatar image
bathnm answered ·

@saintgtr34 If you have shell access via ssh you should find the Linux commands do work.

It will be mounted under /run/media/.... as an example /run/media/sda1

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

saintgtr34 avatar image
saintgtr34 answered ·

It was exactly /run/media/sda1

Many thanks, that took my quiet a bit time.

2 |3000

saintgtr34 avatar image
saintgtr34 answered ·

With the new update I got a new problem. I swapped the Pi for an Octo GX with FW 2.90 and access to the USB stick is newly denied. Then I found this on the official site:

Since Venus OS 2.90 and on wards, Node-RED no longer runs as user root, but as user nodered. This means that the Node-RED flows are only allowed to access files and directories that are owned by the nodered user. These files typically start below /data/home/nodered/. So modifying the storage location to something like /data/home/nodered/storage.txt ought to work.

Is there still the possibility to write data to the USB stick? And then how?

2 |3000

jpetzrick avatar image
jpetzrick answered ·

I too would like to know the valid path to write to a USB memory stick. If you putty into the RPI you can navigate to the dir //run/media/sda1 from there you can create a file. Why / how do you write to it using the nodered file write node? Can you create a shortcut to the file in the /data/home/nodered/ where you do have permissions? Do I have to create a copy command and copy the file from /data/home/nodered/ ---> /run/media/sda1/ ?????

2 |3000