question

michaeli avatar image
michaeli asked

SmartShunt 500a not giving Time to go when charging.

So this seems strange. when Discharging I get a Time to go on BT App, VRM etc, but when charging I don;t get a Time to go till CHARGED. This seems silly as even the Cheapest $75 Shunt does this very accurately. Why is this not a feature of the $200 Victron Shunt? Being shown up by the cheap chinese stuff Victron? You can do better here.

Now If I am missing something here, and I just don't know how to turn it on then let me know where I am going wrong

battery chargingVRMSmartShuntBluetooth
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
nickdb avatar image
nickdb answered ·

Time to go was always on discharge only for the shunts I had.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

michaeli avatar image
michaeli answered ·

the renogy shunts, the ALi Shunts all show time both ways. when current is positive they show time till 100% full, on discharge they show time till 0%

3 comments
2 |3000

nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
These don’t. There will be plenty of features they don’t have in their ecosystem, so pick what you consider important. It’s always a compromise.
0 Likes 0 ·
michaeli avatar image michaeli nickdb ♦♦ commented ·
at this price, the shouldn't need to be compromise. thats my point
0 Likes 0 ·
nickdb avatar image nickdb ♦♦ michaeli commented ·
Then buy something else, but please don’t whine at a community that volunteers their time to try help.
0 Likes 0 ·
michaeli avatar image
michaeli answered ·

whine? that's not productive. I spend money to buy a premium product that is missing a feature that all the cheap ones have and I ask about it. that's not whining. Please don't be so dismissive and intolerant of ideas that you don't like.

This is a discussion board, am I am looking for a feature to be revealed to me, or have it added.

thank you for your time.

2 comments
2 |3000

kevgermany avatar image kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·

Try putting yourself in our position and read your first post first paragraph. Maybe it's not a whine to you, but it's a major moan to us. It went downhill from there because of that.

The idea is a good feature request. The wording isn't.

0 Likes 0 ·
michaeli avatar image michaeli kevgermany ♦♦ commented ·
you're 100% correct. I should have worded that differently.

The reason it came out this way was that I had already discussed this online on other forums and was getting annoyed. When I came over here I wasn't in the most pleasant mode. This doesn't excuse my words or actions, but I hope that it explains it a little.

Thanks for calling me out, I needed to hear it.

0 Likes 0 ·