question

sencha66 avatar image
sencha66 asked

System data error after upgrade - EVCS

Hello, after upgrading firmware (from 1.23 to 1.29) the only message on the display is "System data ERROR!".

The upgrade process went fine, success was even confirmed on my phone, however since then the only thing I can see on the display of my EV charger is the above error message.

I read through all the threads regarding the problem in this community network, however didn't find any help.

Does anybody have a hint?

Thanks.

firmware updateev charging stationevcs
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kovacdamjan avatar image
kovacdamjan answered ·

I had the same problem.

I solved it myself by pressing the button "DEF. SW3" inside the EV charger for 15s. (The LED lights flash, so you know when it's long enough) Then everything was reset to defaults and started working. (You need to wait a few minutes). Now everything works OKev.png

ev.png (796.2 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

But you need to be careful, the buttons are surrounded by components running at 230/400V AC!

Everything highlighted in red is dangerous.

1721113094209.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1721113094209.png (2.7 MiB)
sencha66 avatar image
sencha66 answered ·

Thank you for your suggestion. I did the factory reset (as you described) but no change.

I noticed that among countless trials to initialize the default screen picture, there were moments the system was writing data somewhere and you could see a progressing indicator bar and rising percentage number (see below). Mostly it ended around 1%, sometimes 30%, but never 100%.

When I turned off the charger, the final percentage went up (31... 53...). So turned it for about 15 minutes, then turned it on again and .... VICTORY! ... writing data bar reached 100% and the screen went i to its default state, indicating the latest firmware version 1.29.

God knows what help. Long enough rest?

20240715-174757.jpg

2 |3000