question

swellmarcel avatar image
swellmarcel asked

Multi Plus Firmware Update for the old microprocessor possible to work with Cerbo Gx DVCC?

Hello everybody, just registered for my first question.

im super new to Victron Components but i i have read a lot the last couple of month.

I would like to know if it is possible to update my Multi Plus with SN 19xx125, to a higher Version which work with the Cerbo Gx an allows me to limit the charge current via Victron Connect iOS or Mac.

The Cerbo Manuel tells me its possible with Firmware 422 to have access ti DVCC, but maybe wit Firmware 2xx it might be possible to show the Multi at least in the Connect App or VRM Network?

So far with my Firmware 125 of Multi, i have no access at all.

Before i try updating, i just wanna make sure, not to do stupid and unnecessary things.

Thanks for your help.

Device list:

Multiplus 12/1600/70 (old microprocessor, sn starts with 19)

Cerbo Gx with Toch Display

Lynx Power In (Modified with Fuses like Lynx Distributor)

Smart MPPT 100/20

Smart Battery Protect

Smart Shunt

cerbo gxfirmware updateDVCCcharge current limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

DVCC needs FW 422 (only available for the new bigger CPU) and VictronConnect you needs FW 2XX but also the new bigger CPU.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

swellmarcel avatar image swellmarcel commented ·

Thanks for your help, my conclusion, no need/no advantage of updating - still no use possible with Victron Connect. The only advantage is assistants.

Is there an Marketplace for Forum Members? so now i need a new Multi...

bildschirmfoto-2021-03-18-um-201347.png

0 Likes 0 ·
swellmarcel avatar image
swellmarcel answered ·

Too bad, but sounds legit. Thanks for your quick answer.

Would you say that there is no need to update to latest possible Firmware 2xx or is there any advantage?

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

I would say that depends on what you want to do.

screenshot-20210318-201449.jpg

0 Likes 0 ·
swellmarcel avatar image
swellmarcel answered ·

Well, that helped a lot and good to know. My intention is to learn about Victron Products and be able to do an small and simple install in Tiny Houses and 2 or 3 Campervans. The first Setup i bought for myself and now i bekam quite fascinated by this company, beautiful products. Maybe one last advice, do you know which Multi is the most common one in use in Campervans and Boats? thx a lot, marcel

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

I think the 12/3000/120 is very common but it also depends on what you want to do/what loads you want to supply.

0 Likes 0 ·