question

porcini avatar image

Anyone uses SMA SB 1.5 / 2.0 / 2.5 AC-coupled OFFGRID ?

Hello,

I'm wondering if the small SMA inverters supports the "OFF-Grid 50" country code. Unfortunately SMA support doesn't answer. I know SB 3.0 and above do, but the smaller ones are not listed. Does anyone know and uses one in an offgrid installation with multiplus/quattro/phoenix? How does it perform?

The "problem" with Fronius is that is has a relatively high nominal voltage and efficiency at lower workload/voltages is pretty bad. Although Fronius has a wider frequency bandwith I would prefer an SB 2.5 since my daily load is only between 250-1000W at most of the times.

Thank you very much!

regards,

porcini

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerCCGX Color ControloffgridAC PV Coupling
3 comments
2 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Of course I also have an MPPT-Charger as well, but most of my consumption is during the day.

my daily load is only between 250-1000W at most of the times

Is it worth it to get an additional PV inverter (AC coupled) for that? In an off-grid setup (so you can't feed in the surplus).

Yes I think so, 1kW runs for 4-8h.

2 Answers
Rob Duthie avatar image
Rob Duthie answered ·

Hi

Yes they do work OK, with the Victron Mulitpluss2 OK, I used the SMA PC app called Sunny explorer to set the MG50 mode.

This was done on a 5kw unit sunny boy inverters.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

3 comments

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

This was done on a 5kw unit sunny boy inverters.

Thank you for your answer, but as already said I know SB 3.0 and above (5 is above) support this. My question refers to the smaller series SB 1.5 / 2.0 / 2.5.

Hi

Look at data sheets of the inverter it well tell you or the service manuals will tell you.

You can can done load these from the net.

couldn't find these information for the smaller ones, but SMA support answered with a few days delay. Also the smaller inverters have offgrid support.

chuff avatar image
chuff answered ·

Hi, i have also SMA onduler here and i would like to put it in MG50 mode but the settig can not be changed without a code; who can help? @Rob ??

3 comments

Hi

Email me and i will send it to you the service manauls etc.

Install sunny explorer to your laptop which is required.

Regards

Rob D

NZ

Thks but i don't find any email address here on community site; how to email you???