question

offshore avatar image
offshore asked

Victron Color Control GX- Quattro Shore current limit

Hello together,

I would like to change the maximum input current of the Quattro 8000/24 with the Color Control Display. I set the value to 32A and after some days or sometimes weeks, this value is changing back to 100A and the shore Power fuse is tripped.

This behavior is reproducible. I have the same system on 5 different boats, all of them have the same problem. This is a very big problem because after a few days in the harbor, the fuse will tripped and the boat have no longer shore power.

Connected to the CCGX is:

-Quattro 24/8000 [VE.Bus] VE Config: AC2 Input (Shore power) set to 32.0A with enabled "remote has priority" AC1 Input (Generator) set to 57A with disabled "remote has priority"

-Skylla-i 24/100 (1+1) Charger [VE.Can]

-BMV-712 Smart Shunt [VE.direct]

-VE.Bus to NMEA2000 Interface device [VE.Bus port from CGX]

I am extremely grateful for any advice!

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerCCGX Color Controlcurrent limitinput current
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Paul B avatar image
Paul B answered ·

Some general things to look for and check.

1. are all units on the latest firmware versions. ie the ccgx and the quattro, bmv etc

2. do you have vrm access to the CCGX, if so download the configuration under devices and then check each day to see if you can see when it changes.

3. is there a remote control in the boat as well, if there is then see if changing that can cause the issue.

4. is the ccgx on standard release software (NOT beta software).

a posable cause could be If the CCgx is getting reset to factory defaults by someone this could be causing your issue. especially if its on the beta software, change it to the Standard release.

try disabling remote on both AC1 and AC2. if you do that does it still change.

5. otherwise please send screen shots and Fw versions of all items.

6. and if you can duplicate the issue please also advise how you can duplicate it.

Hope this is of some help for you in checking things out

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

offshore avatar image
offshore answered ·

Hell Paul B, thank you for your answer.

The problem is now "solved" the value for input current is set random to 100A from the Chartplotter. We disconnect now the VE.Bus to NMEA2000 Interface from the Color Control Display an the value is now stable since days.

2 |3000