question

Bill Ritchie avatar image
Bill Ritchie asked

Can the cerbo gx monitor DC-DC chargers

I am considering a cerbo gx and touch setup for my vehicle. I can't see anything in the documentation about using it with the Orion dc-dc chargers. Are they compatible? And will the cerbo gx monitor them.

cerbo gxorion-tr smart
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Rob Fijn avatar image
Rob Fijn answered ·

Hello Bill-ritchie, no you can not see the DC/DC charger directly on the Cerbo GX display.

What you can do is of course show the battery that being charged with a battery monitor.
Based on the SOC you can activate the Relay in the Cerbo GX, what then can remote start your DC/DC charger (with in series an other ON relay.. if the engine is running.) Just a other example of what is possible.

Best regards,Rob

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

dakoal avatar image dakoal commented ·

Maybe in the near future I hope :-) This tiny little symbol would be nice to have.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-Color-Control-GX-EN-240820.pdf

Page 10:

1625026193242.png

0 Likes 0 ·
1625026193242.png (206.0 KiB)
Vance Mitchell avatar image Vance Mitchell dakoal commented ·

The DC Power shown in that picture is already available.

It only shows the difference between the shunt values and other values in the system(inverter, MPPT etc).

If you enable the setting for "has DC system" in system setup.

It is described on pg.14 of the manual you linked.

'Enable this for boats, vehicles and installations with DC loads and chargers - in addition to Multi and MPPT chargers. This won't be applicable to most off-grid installations; and any discrepancy between the DC current measured by the Multi, and by the BMV, will be attributed to a 'DC system'. This may be power-in from an alternator, or power-out from a pump, for example. A positive value indicates consumption. A negative value indicates charging, for example by an alternator. Note that the value shown will always be an approximation, and is affected by the variation in sample rate between elements of the system. '

0 Likes 0 ·
Robert avatar image
Robert answered ·

Hello, if it's possible to show a Skylla I charger with VE. Can Connection to the Cerbo?

Via VE. Can all Data would be there.

Best regards Robert

2 |3000