question

natdak avatar image
natdak asked

Pheonix Inverter 24/3000

Hello, Im having problems with my Pheonix 24/3000 inverter. After buying it second hand, I have never got it to work. First it simply did nothing when i flicked the switch, now the green light ontop is flashing but there is still no output power.

Both occasions I checked the voltage at the inverter terminals and beyond the fuse. It showed 25.5v when the power switch was off and when it was on. So I dont think there is a bad connection. It is however quite cold here in Sweden and it has been in a room the has been below 0 degrees celcius on both attemps. The first attempt was maybe at -4c when the inverter showed no light and -10c on the attempt when the light started flashing.

Could it just be the cold?

The batteries are gel batteries that stay topped up so I think they can handle the cold.

whatsapp-image-2021-02-15-at-183550.jpeg

I had a hope that doing a software update might make it work again but VictronConnect cannot find the device when plugged in. It is connected to the laptop with an RJ45 cable through a USB adapter.

Could it be the adapter that doesnt allow the connection?

There are 2 RJ45 ports in the inverter. Ive tried both of them.

whatsapp-image-2021-02-15-at-183606.jpeg

Thanks folks! Any advice is much appreciated.

Nathan

MPPT ControllersMultiPlus Quattro Inverter ChargerPhoenix InverterVictronConnectfirmware update
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

The RJ45 is not ethernet it is VE.bus with a special protocol. You will need a MK2 or MK3 Interface to connect to it.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

natdak avatar image
natdak answered ·

Thanks Matthias, I will get on that

2 |3000

natdak avatar image
natdak answered ·

Do you think that it is the software update that is needed to get it working?

2 |3000