question

Phil Gavin avatar image
Phil Gavin asked

2654 Quattro 48/8000/110-2x100 vs 2655 Quattro 48/8000/110-2x100

Firstly, thank -you for the very prompt response to my question yesterday.

I got a very favorable quotation in the meantime, so much so that I am considering Quattro 8kVA building blocks instead of Quattro 5kVA models (budget-agreeable).

Anyway, doing my due diligence:

What is the difference between the two FW versions please?

And please can you tell if either or both FW versions expected to be available for the foreseeable future?

Thank you

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerfirmware updatefuture
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

8 Answers
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Q1 in this specific case there is a transformer change, the xx55zzyy is the latest version.

Q2 then the last version which came out is the most logical to choose when you have the choice.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

the difference in the first four digits indicates a hardware difference (such as relay and/or inverter values).

2 |3000

Phil Gavin avatar image
Phil Gavin answered ·

@Johannes Boonstra (Victron Energy Staff)

From the name the two inverters are identically spec'd.

I am aware that the first four digits represent a hardware difference in general.

1. I am try to find out if one specific hardware difference suits the needs of my particular application better than the other. To do that, I want to know if the actual hardware difference has a bearing on the functionality. In other words, I know the difference exists, what I want to know is the specific hardware difference?

2. I want to add parallel inverters to increase the capacity of my system in the future, so it is necessary to know if one FW version is being phased out in favor of the other. I want to order the FW that will be available to purchase for the longest time in the future.

2 |3000

Phil Gavin avatar image
Phil Gavin answered ·

Thank you

2 |3000

Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

@Phil_Gavin
Hi Phil,
The 2 models have different firmware numbers because the transformer in the units is different which means that these types of 8k units cant but used together in a 3 phase or parallel system.
The different firmware makes sure this is not possible.
The 2655 model is the current model that is available. For both models the firmware will become available when updates are released

best regards

Martijn Coster - Victron

2 |3000

Phil Gavin avatar image
Phil Gavin answered ·

@Martijn Coster (Victron Energy Staff)

So just be clear, if I order two units of the "2655", I am getting the latest model and I will be able to parallel both units?

2 |3000

Yes/No

These are the latest models but can only be paralleled with equal models

2 |3000

Shayan Razaghy avatar image
Shayan Razaghy answered ·

@Phil_Gavin I have commissioned two quattro 48/8000 just recently. one of them was 2654 and one of them 2655 firmware. The latest firmware ( 400 series ) , at the moment it is 459 , is available for both of them, 2654 and 2655 .

1 comment
2 |3000

Phil Gavin avatar image Phil Gavin commented ·

Thanks, I bought two 2655 models, that are up and running.

0 Likes 0 ·