question

kimelim avatar image

One cerbo gx, Two shunts to measure another DC supply

Hi.

I have a cerbo gx in the cabin. There I have a shunt from before and want to add an extra shunt. The plan is for it to measure the 24v dc current coming from the wind turbine (Primus Windpower Air 40, 24V) into the battery bank. will this work?

cerbo gxVE.CanHydro and Wind Power
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Stefanie avatar image
Stefanie answered ·

Hi @Kimelim,

if the shunt from before is also a BMV or SmartShunt, then yes, it will work. Be aware that you have to make a choice in the Cerbo settings which of the shunts you will see info in the graphical display. The other one will appear only in the device list, but with all info.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

THank you for the answer

I already have a BMW shunt in the facility. will the new extra shunt appear on the VAM online portal? and I can read of values there?

Yes, the second shunt does also appear on VRM.

ruben avatar image
ruben answered ·

Hi, wouldn´t be this a nice feature in case you have 2 or more shunts connected to the cerbo, that all shunts get displayed in the MAIN window of the graphical display? would make sense right?

Ps. I don´t know if there would be any limit of adding shunts to the Cerbo GX? Anyone knows?

1 comment
2 |3000

I know there is work underway by victron developers to implement a "DC Energy Meter" function which is intended to be used in situations as this. See:

https://community.victronenergy.com/questions/96120/victron-smartshunt-as-a-energy-meter.html

If they will have dc metering shunts on the main window when that project is released, I don't know. Also, I believe the limit of shunts added to a Cerbo is only constricted to how many ports you have, and with USB hubs and VE.Direct-to-USB converters I don't know of any limit.