question

jonpoe avatar image
jonpoe asked

Lynx Shunt to Cerbo GX VE.Can port ERROR-PASSIVE TEC:128

Hello,

I have a Lynx Shunt VE.Can that will not show up on my Cerbo GX as a VE.Can device. Other VE.Can devices will show up, but I have disconnected them for troubleshooting the shunt. I have a Cat6 UTP RJ45 cable connected directly between the VE.Can ports on the shunt and the Cerbo, with a blue terminator plug on both ends. The shunt's LED is green and current is flowing. RJ11 cables are connected to Lynx Distributers left (batteries) and right (loads) of the shunt. The VE.Can port status page from the Cerbo interface is attached.

Please let me know any suggestions or additional info needed.

Thank you!

1638215276187001-317006244.jpg

cerbo gxVE.Canlynx shunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, sorry to hear that!

And with the lynx shunt removed, and other devices connected, does all work ok?

Ie shows error-active rather than error-passive, etc?

in that case I’m afraid your lynx shunt is broken. You could check the 8 pins in the RJ45 connectors, to make sure they’re not bent. But other than that, the only thing that can be done is getting it repaired or replaced.

Sorry for that.

Ps: ERROR-ACTIVE is the normal and good state. ERROR-PASSIVE is comms “degraded” state. And next level would be BUS-OFF, which means no longer communicating on the bus. This is a good read about it: https://www.kvaser.com/about-can/the-can-protocol/can-error-handling/

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Lynx Shunt VE Can online manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Cerbo GX product page

GX family product range

Cerbo GX & GX Touch datasheet

Cerbo GX Manual

Venus root access document