Connections:

1 Et 112 to generator Output

1 Et 112 to Shore power line

SmartShunt to Service battery

1 Smart Battery Sense engine battery

1 Smart Battery Sense thruster battery

1 Smart Battery Sense for a secondary battery

Questions :

1. How can I connect the Smart Battery Sensors to Cerbo in order to get voltage information?
  2. If the above is not possible, how can I get voltage information from other batteries?
  3. How can I insert the on AC Input to show me voltage of the grid?
  4. Is it possible to have separate information for the Generator output?
  5. How can I setup an alarm whenever the shore power is being disconnected?
SmartShuntEnergy MeterSmart Battery Sensers485
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The Smart Battery Sense is intended to be used either on its own to show battery Voltage and temperature on a VictronConnect device (mobile telephone) or to provide Voltage and temperature information to a charger or MPPT solar charger.
Smart Battery Sense does not connect to a Cerbo (or any Venus device).
See introduction section for the SBS manual: https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Smart_Battery_Sense/en/introduction.html

A system is supposed to comprise of only one system battery (the main battery which is charged by and supplies energy to the system). The Voltage of a starter battery (or one other battery) may also be monitored using the Aux input of a Smart Shunt or BMV 702/712.
It is not intended to monitor several random batteries (ones which do not contribute energy to the system) in one instance.

The AC Input shows up when a MultiPlus or Quattro is connected. The sensors for the AC inputs are within those products.
ET112 energy meters are intended to supplement the MultiPlus / Quattro internal sensors for measuring additional sources of energy such as PV Inverters.
See Q11 here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/energy-meters:start

If you have two AC Inputs sources then you should use a Quattro which has two separate AC inputs intended for shore and generator. Then it is possible to see generator production information.

Yes, it is possible to set a grid loss alarm when a MultiPlus / Quattro is present in the system.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Related Resources

Energy Meter Selection Guide

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Smart Battery Sense Product Page

Smart Battery Sense Manual

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic