Connections:

1 Et 112 to generator Output

1 Et 112 to Shore power line

SmartShunt to Service battery

1 Smart Battery Sense engine battery

1 Smart Battery Sense thruster battery

1 Smart Battery Sense for a secondary battery

Questions :

1. How can I connect the Smart Battery Sensors to Cerbo in order to get voltage information?
  2. If the above is not possible, how can I get voltage information from other batteries?
  3. How can I insert the on AC Input to show me voltage of the grid?
  4. Is it possible to have separate information for the Generator output?
  5. How can I setup an alarm whenever the shore power is being disconnected?
Energy Metersmart shuntSmart Battery Sensers485
2 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

The Smart Battery Sense is intended to be used either on its own to show battery Voltage and temperature on a VictronConnect device (mobile telephone) or to provide Voltage and temperature information to a charger or MPPT solar charger.
Smart Battery Sense does not connect to a Cerbo (or any Venus device).
See introduction section for the SBS manual: https://www.victronenergy.com/media/pg/Smart_Battery_Sense/en/introduction.html

A system is supposed to comprise of only one system battery (the main battery which is charged by and supplies energy to the system). The Voltage of a starter battery (or one other battery) may also be monitored using the Aux input of a Smart Shunt or BMV 702/712.
It is not intended to monitor several random batteries (ones which do not contribute energy to the system) in one instance.

The AC Input shows up when a MultiPlus or Quattro is connected. The sensors for the AC inputs are within those products.
ET112 energy meters are intended to supplement the MultiPlus / Quattro internal sensors for measuring additional sources of energy such as PV Inverters.
See Q11 here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/energy-meters:start

If you have two AC Inputs sources then you should use a Quattro which has two separate AC inputs intended for shore and generator. Then it is possible to see generator production information.

Yes, it is possible to set a grid loss alarm when a MultiPlus / Quattro is present in the system.

2 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.