question

soc avatar image
soc asked

Connecting LoRaWan module to VRM

I have connected my system to the smart MPPT and a SmartShunt. I have my gateway setup and working and the LoRaWan's light is green. Per the description of the LoRaWan module it should do the trick.

I still cannot get it into the VRM.

When I logged in to my VRM portal it wants me to upload a file.

I have looked for tutorials online and can't find one.

How do I get both my smart mppt and shunt onto my VRM portal for remote access?

Please advise.

VRMMPPT SmartSolarSmartShuntLoRaWAN
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Can you make a screenshot of where you have to upload a file?

It should look like this:
1610730738736.png

But with the LoRaWAN you won't get remote access to your MPPT and SmartShunt.
The LoRaWAN only transmit the current data once in a hour.
https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vedirect_lorawan#details

1610730738736.png (85.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

soc avatar image
soc answered ·

Yes, that is the page. Just that when I select the LoRaWan Module it keeps popping up "add data file". (see attached).

Also, per the victron item description, it says that it should work: "Using the VE.Direct to LoRaWAN module you can connect your BMV, MPPT or Phoenix Inverter to the Victron Remote Management portal. View information such as battery status or solar power wherever you are on your desktop or mobile phone."

https://www.victronenergy.com/panel-systems-remote-monitoring/ve-direct-lorawan

screen-shot-2021-01-15-at-122737-pm.png

1 comment
2 |3000

Matthias Lange - DE avatar image Matthias Lange - DE ♦ commented ·

And what happens when you close that window and just enter the VRM ID of your LoRaWAN?

Have you tried another browser?

Yes the LoRaWAN connects your MPPT/SmartShunt to the VRM portal but as I wrote it will only transfer data's once in a hour. You can't see live data's or change settings through the VRM portal.

0 Likes 0 ·