question

brandon avatar image
brandon asked

Multiplus compact displays "low battery" and won't start

Hello,

I have a 200ah 12v system with a multiplus compact inverter. Recently, my inverter shut off and displays "low battery". I was changing cables (I shut everything off and disconnected the battery) and I think it might be the probable cause.

Problem: it hasn't started back up yet, despite the soc being 100% and voltage not falling below 12.9v. I've given it days and "low battery" still displays on the controller.

Main question: Can I fix the issue without having the MK3 or is this something that I need to fire it back up?

Phoenix Inverterlow battery warningmultiplus compact
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
macca61 avatar image
macca61 answered ·

silly question but do you have a fuse between it and the battery also i have had a faulty battery isolator although it gave a good solid clunk when switching it didnt actually connect

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

brandon avatar image brandon commented ·

Hi. Yes, I have a 200amp fuse between.

When I turn the van on, I can see that the battery isolate is engaging through the app. Do you think the isolator has something to do with the inverter not turning on?

0 Likes 0 ·
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

Did you or someone else ever changed some settings in the Multi?

The default "low voltage restart" setting is 10.9V so at 12.9V it should start up.

1 comment
2 |3000

brandon avatar image brandon commented ·

Hi Mathias. Thank you. Yes, a few weeks back I had a technician program it, but he set the low voltage setting to 11.9v. I still never get below that. I'm sure it did when I changed the wires, but my main concern is despite it being higher now, it's not turning back on.

0 Likes 0 ·
seb71 avatar image
seb71 answered ·

Where are you measuring those 12.9V? At the battery terminals? If yes, measure at the inverter terminals, too, just to check.

2 |3000

Related Resources

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Phoenix Inverter product page

Phoenix Inverter Smart product page