question

miya avatar image
miya asked

VRM not displaying BMS Cell Data

Hi All

I have 3 Victron Lithium batteries, BMS, Cerbo, BMV712 - all connected and working perfectly.

Set up VRM and every, again, working perfectly, I am getting all the data coming through.

However, there are 2 widgets, showing no data - they relate the BMS.

See attached picture - any thoughts what the BMS is not sharing this with VRM ?

Thanks

Tim

screenshot-2020-12-27-at-151209.png

cerbo gxVRMLithium BatteryBMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
Matthias Lange - DE avatar image
Matthias Lange - DE answered ·

What BMS do you have? No Victron BMS provide that data.

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

miya avatar image miya commented ·

Hi Matthias

It is the Victron VE Bus BMS - https://www.victronenergy.com/battery-management-systems/ve-bus-bms.

Do you know if the BMS should show in the Device List on the VRM ?

Thanks

Tim

0 Likes 0 ·
bathnm avatar image bathnm miya commented ·

No it does not. You can also only get the cell details from BlueTooth / VictronConnect.

The three wire interface between the batteries and BMS only carries a charge disconnect and load disconnect signal.

0 Likes 0 ·
miya avatar image miya bathnm commented ·

Many thanks Bathnm

0 Likes 0 ·
Ingo avatar image
Ingo answered ·

I think it's BMS dependent. The VRM portal facility is there but if your BMS doesn't publish it then it will stay empty. Here is Freedomwon that does publish the data - no idea why it's intermittent on the one but still, it's there.

1609086261801.png

1609086261801.png (23.1 KiB)
2 |3000