question

goldrush avatar image
goldrush asked

Lynx Smart BMS-500 & CerboGX VRM visibility

Hi all,

I have a new system that includes Victron Lithium batteries, Lynx Smart BMS-500, Lynx distributors and a CerboGX connected to VRM.

How come I cannot see details from the BMS-500, the distributors and/or the lithium BTV's in VRM? Is that due to the recent release of the BMS-500 and it might follow in future releases in VenosOS or should I expect that this will never be visible in VRM?

br,

cerbo gxVRMLithium BatteryBMS
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Stefanie (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Goldrush,

the data (cell voltage, battery voltage and temperature) from the BTV inside the SmartLithium is only available via bluetooth in VictronConnect app. It has nothing to do with the recent firmware release of the Lynx Smart BMS. As far as I know this is a hardware limitation of the SmartLithium and there is little to no hope that this will change in future releases of Venus OS or Lynx Smart BMS. Let's hope Victron proves me wrong one day ;-)

But the most important data you should see in VRM

bildschirmfoto-2022-01-26-um-191825.png

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.