question

knotty avatar image
knotty asked

Blue Sea 7603 Replacement - MultiPlus, Cyrix-ct, SmartShunt & RPi

Hi,

I’ve currently got a ‘Blue Sea 7603 - 10A BatteryLink Charger’ and an APC UPS. I purchased the Blue Sea because it can use AC shore power to charge two isolated battery banks with a 3 Stage 10A battery charger but also it can use DC power from the alternator to charge both the Start and the Auxiliary battery through an integrated 65A ACR (Automatic Charging Relay - Automatically combines batteries during charging, isolates batteries when discharging and when starting engines).

The problem with it though is that there is no monitoring or visibility of what's going on apart from a panel mount 'display' consisting of a couple of LEDs. I've recently had a problem with my Auxiliary battery not seeming to hold charge and I'm struggling to troubleshoot and having to use a multimeter, etc.

I recently learnt that the MultiPlus 12/500/20-16 has a second output intended for charging a starter battery albeit limited to 1A. Therefore would a MultiPlus and a Cyrix-ct be a suitable replacement for the Blue Sea and an APC UPS?

I've added a SmartShunt, VE.Direct to USB Interface (for the SmartShunt), MK3-USB (for VE.Bus on MultiPlus) and a Raspberry Pi with Venus OS to meet my requirement of greater monitoring and visibility of what's going on. However how will I know the status of the Cyrix-ct?

Is there a panel mount display which can interface to my configuration?

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Regards,

Paul.

Venus OSSmartShuntRaspberry Pimultiplus ve.busCyrix Battery Combiner
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers

Related Resources