question

duffer41 avatar image
duffer41 asked

SeeLevel II Cerbo GX Connection

I reached out to Garnet to understand which kit I would need to utilize the NMEA2k capabilities of the Cerbo GX. They told me to look at this version: 709-N2K NLP and they would sell it to me directly. I want the Cerbo GX/Touch 50 to be able to monitor the tank levels using this system. I want fresh, black, grey and propane monitored. How does this need to be setup so I can use the Cerbo GX/Touch 50 to display the information vs the display that Garnet has that comes with the kit?

cerbo gxgx devicetank monitorNMEA 2000 - N2K
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
powerace avatar image
powerace answered ·

Hi,

I think most of your answers can be found here:

https://github.com/kwindrem/SeeLevel-N2K-Victron-VenusOS

Unfortunately i have the non-N2K version so i can't confirm if it works.

Goodluck!

4 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem commented ·

I have rewritten the TankRepeater. It is now here:

https://github.com/kwindrem/TankRepeater

1 Like 1 ·
aswellian avatar image aswellian Kevin Windrem commented ·

Curious, does the Cerbo run VenusOS? Venus and VenusOS are referred to in your repository, want to confirm before ordering the 709-N2K NLP from Garnet...

1 Like 1 ·
Kevin Windrem avatar image Kevin Windrem aswellian commented ·

Yes, Cerbo, CCGX, VenusGX, OctoGX, CANvuGX, MaxiGX and Raspberry Pi all run "Venus OS". TankRepeater will work on any of them. EasySolar appears to use a CCGX. If so, TankRepeater should work.

I'm not sure about the MultiPlus-II GX. It has a bulit-in Venus device running on a Raspberry Nano PI. It does not have a VE.Can port so you'd need to add a USB CANbus interface. Processing power may also be an issue.

1 Like 1 ·
aswellian avatar image aswellian Kevin Windrem commented ·

Excellent, thanks for the info and your efforts. Will give it a go.

1 Like 1 ·