question

lspangler avatar image
lspangler asked

tank sensor display on touch 50

I installed a couple of the KUS liquid sensors. 240 - 30 ohm. At 240 ohm, it shows empty, at 145 ohms still shows empty, at 140 it shows 45% full and works great from there too full. I can see the resistance going down as liquid is added to the tank but the touch 50 shows zero until 45%. Based on the crappy RV sensors, I show 1/3 full at the same time. When the touch 50 shows 65 - 70 %, the stock RV sensor goes to 2/3. If I adjust the empty resistance to 250 ohm, the touch 50 screen shows 7% but it sits there until 45%. Does this on 2 different sensors. Any ideas?

cerbo gxgx devicetank monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

Is the tank sensor connected to the Cerbo and the RV display at the same time?
Resistance type sensors can only be connected to one device at a time.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

lspangler avatar image
lspangler answered ·

The stock RV sensors are untouched. I added new sensors and connected them to the Cerbo. The resistance reading on the touch 50 is correct, it just displays 0% until it gets to 45%

2 |3000

Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @lspangler

are you testing this by moving the sensor by hand? (i.e. fast)

if so you are seeing the software damping of the signal, if you leave the sensor in position for longer it will climb to that value.

2 |3000

cleaver avatar image
cleaver answered ·

Did you ever get these to work? I was looking into installing these in my RV.

2 |3000