question

Gordon Scriba avatar image
Gordon Scriba asked

VE Direct to USB data to VRM Portal Advanced Tab

I have 3 VE Direct cables to my Cerbo (from 3 MPPT controllers) and 1 VE Direct to USB cable (from a MPPT 100/20) all to my Cerbo GX. I receive detailed data on the VRM Portal for the 3 MPPTs connected by the VE Direct cables, but I do not receive any of the detailed information on the Advanced Tab on the VRM Portal for the MPPT that is connected to the Cerbo GX by the VE Direct to USB cable. How can I add that detailed info to the VRM Portal from the VE Direct to USB cable and MPPT? Thank you.

VRMVictronConnectVE.Direct
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image
mvader (Victron Energy) answered ·

Hi, I tookk the liberty of looking your installation up on VRM, and I see four MPPTs - are you sure one is missing?

by the way make sure to not use the usb port close to the hdmi connector for the GX Touch. Use the other two. The reason for this is explained here at the bottom: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/venus-os:start

Best regards, Matthijs

3 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Gordon Scriba avatar image Gordon Scriba commented ·

Thank you for looking! The 4th MPPT does appear, but there is no charts or data like there is for the other 3 under the "Advanced" tab.

0 Likes 0 ·
mvader (Victron Energy) avatar image mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ Gordon Scriba commented ·

Ahh :-). Thats because those widgets are not enabled. See settings icon on top right when at the advanced page.

0 Likes 0 ·
Gordon Scriba avatar image Gordon Scriba mvader (Victron Energy) ♦♦ commented ·

Yahoo! Thank you! Such a simple thing that I did not realize. Thanks again!!

0 Likes 0 ·
andyalford avatar image
andyalford answered ·

Hey Gordon, get in touch, to let me know how your system is going. You have changed your email, so I could not reply to you today. My email is still the same. Cheers!

2 |3000

Related Resources

VE.Direct protocol FAQ

VictronConnect Manual

Download for iOS / Android / Mac / Windows

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic