question

bartmensch avatar image
bartmensch asked

VENUS GX WI-FI connection problem

Hey,

My Venus does not built up the WIFI.

I had the connection 1 time successfully but since then I was not able to find the WIFI again.

I have tried to enable the WIFI (reset for 1sec) and reset to standard settings (reset for 4sec) but the green and red LEDs still shine continuously. (no blinking...)

Does anyone know a way to built up WIFI again?

VRMVenus GX - VGXwifiled
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

3 Answers
ecoworld avatar image
ecoworld answered ·

check that the power voltage is above 10v I had that problem once when I tried to run the Venus GX using a small 9v battery, once I changed to a 12v battery it worked ok. The wifi must need a solid power supply.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bartmensch avatar image bartmensch commented ·

Wow, this was the issue, I think!

I have installed bigger cables to the device and the WiFi works!

0 Likes 0 ·
lucian-goras avatar image
lucian-goras answered ·

Hello,

I have the same problem. Did you solved it?

Thank you!

2 |3000

ejrossouw avatar image
ejrossouw answered ·

Hi @Bartmensch From the specification sheet.

"The built-in WiFi in the Venus GX has a very low signal strength - unfortunately. It is strong enough to connect to a phone, tablet or laptop in order to access setup and monitoring. But to connect the Venus GX to the internet either use the built-in Ethernet port or add a USB-WiFi dongle. See CCGX Manual, section 1.4.2 for details. Make sure the Venus GX is running v2.06 or later - early shipments of Venus GX units ran v2.05."
2 |3000