question

turbojens avatar image
turbojens asked

When connected to grid, make Multiplus supply DC power usage?

Hi,

I have a buscamper with a relative large LiFePo4 battery pack (24v 900Ah) and a Multiplus 5kw, CCGX and a REC CANBus BMS.

A few questions about this for keeping batteries healthy:

1. When connected to grid for a longer time, I would prefer if it was possible to tell the Multiplus to keep battery at 80% charge.

2. When connected to grid and battery are fully charged it seems that batteries supplies DC power and when discharged a bit the charging process is started again. Would prefer if Multiplus tries to supply the DC power needed instead if cycling batteries.

First question can be solved by modifying BMS parameters, but not very intuitive and will have to connect a computer to BMS each time.

Second question could be solved by turning of the BMS(battery) and add a 230/24v voltage supply, but it will complicate the system and the power assist function will not work.

Multiplus-IILithium BatteryBMSCCGX Color ControlDVCC
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
gro avatar image
gro answered ·

I maybe missing something but I thought the Multiplus is an inverter/charger. The Multiplus cannot do anything other than charge a battery from ac or create ac by its inverter from the energy stored in a battery. I suspect that there must be a PV charge controller somewhere.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.