question

stocksy avatar image
stocksy asked

2x Multiplus in Parallel with VE.bus BMS and Venus GX

Hi, I'm looking to add another 12/2000/80 to my setup to increase my output wattage in order to remove propane and add induction hob and convection oven, but not sure if I can as I have used both the RJ45 ports on what would be the master Multiplus, so nothing left to connect to what would be the slave Multiplus. Will I just have to sell the 12/200/80 and get a 12/3000/120 Multiplus?

Hope someone can think of something I haven't...

Mike

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerbattery chargingLithium BatteryVenus GX - VGX
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
anthem avatar image
anthem answered ·

the second multiple will give you another two ports. You just daisy chain MP1 to MP2 then to the Venus. With two multipluses, you end up with two free ports after they are chained together.

make sure you get identical units (and running same firmware) when trying to parallel or split phase two inverters together.

2 comments
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stocksy avatar image stocksy commented ·

Ah, I thought that I would have to connect the Venus and VE.bus BMS to the master multiplus. So I'll connect the 2 MP's together, connect the VE.bus BMS to the master and the Venus to the spare port on the slave MP right? Thanks for the tip on firmware - will make sure!

0 Likes 0 ·
anthem avatar image anthem stocksy commented ·

exactly. The VE bus is exactly that. So the gx Device can connect anywhere on the bus.

But do make sure you are split phase or parallel the exact same model units.

0 Likes 0 ·