question

stocksy avatar image
stocksy asked

Lithium and starter constantly in parallel when on shore power

Hi, I've recently installed a lithium bank and use a cyrix li ct to connect them for solar and alternator chargin via the starter battery. This system works great when unplugged - cyrix kicks in when there is enough solar or alternator charge and disconnects when not. However, when I'm connected to shore power and charging the lithiums with the muliplus the cyrix (rightly so) remains engaged. Just wonder if there is any damage that can be caused to either starter or lithiums doing this? If so I will just put a simple switch in the wire from the charge disconnect circuit and turn off the cyrix when on shore power.

MultiPlus Quattro Inverter Chargerbattery chargingLithium BatteryCyrix Battery Combinerstarter battery
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

stocksy avatar image stocksy commented ·

Here is how the reading from the BMV 712:

0 Likes 0 ·
1 Answer
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

@stocksy you're okay; this will just keep your start battery topped off while you're parked and on shore power, no harm to either bank.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.