question

anton859 avatar image
anton859 asked

Tank pump doesn't work based on level

Hello, there was a problem with turning on relay 1 based on the value of the level sensor in the black tank, why at a level of 25% relay 1 does not close its contacts and is in the off state, I wanted to do the procedure for flushing the tank when the level reaches 80% so that the relay would turn off the pump but this doesn't happen

screenshot-1.jpg

screenshot-2.jpg

cerbo gxerrorRelaytank monitor
screenshot-1.jpg (54.2 KiB)
screenshot-2.jpg (54.2 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Can you explain exactly what level you want the pump to start at and what level to stop at as I do not fully understand your message.

At the moment, the settings are set up for the pump to fill up the tank, when the tank gets to 0% (empty) the pump comes on and starts to fill the tank until it reaches 70% full and then stops.

Sometimes when pumping if the level sensor is near where water enters the reading can be disturbed and read higher or lower than a steady level, do you know if this happens in your case. If it did then that may be why the pump stopped and now it will not restart until it gets to empty again. Watch the level as the pump is running.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

anton859 avatar image anton859 commented ·

I want the pump to turn on in the range from 0% to 70%, when the level reaches 70% it will not turn on until the level is reduced below 70%, now it turns out that if the level is above 0% it will no longer turn on

0 Likes 0 ·
Justin Cook avatar image
Justin Cook answered ·

The pump is not turning on at 25% because you have it set to not turn on until it reaches 0%. If you'd like it to turn on at 25%, adjust your "Start Level" to 25%.

3 comments
2 |3000

anton859 avatar image anton859 commented ·

I don't fully understand the logic behind this function. I want to make it so that in the range from 0% to 70% the relay is closed, but when the level rises above 70% the relay turns off in automatic mode, now if you switch from the enabled state to auto mode it will do so, but when you reboot the cerbo the relay turns off

0 Likes 0 ·
pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell anton859 commented ·
The purpose of the tank pump is to either fill a tank or empty a tank. With settings of 0% and 70%, when a tank is emptying and reaches 0%, the relay closes and the pump comes on and pumps liquid into the tank until it reaches 70% when the relay opens. If the pump is to empty the tank then settings of 70% and 0% will close the relay at 70% to start the pump and when it reaches 0% the relay opens and the pump stops.

i do not think that you can make the relay work like you are hoping which appears to be for a circulation pump rather than a filling or emptying pump. You may be able to program this in node red.

2 Likes 2 ·
anton859 avatar image anton859 pwfarnell commented ·

Thank you for your help, I decided to do it through an alarm signal on the relay, when the level in the tank reaches 70%, a warning about the tank being full pops up and the relay opens the contact and turns off the pump; when the level drops, the relay closes its contact

0 Likes 0 ·