question

polarseal avatar image
polarseal asked

beneteau VDO 5 sensor probe on Cerbo

MIght be a very dumb question but as i understand, the Cerbo only takes resistive tank sensors as inputs. On my boat and many others there is a VDO sensor which comes statard. It consists of five small screws in the tank which then connects to some type of conversion box which then goes to the VDO display panel. The wires to this panel are a positive, Negative and some type of measuring signal wire.

Can this type of measuring device be used in anyway on the Cerbo? I'm clueless with this but maybe someone in the community has a thought or experience.

cerbo gxVenus GX - VGXtank monitorsensor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
david-ross avatar image
david-ross answered ·

Did you find a solution for this?

The 3 wire provides varying voltage on the 'signal' wire based on input voltage (positive) and tank level. 5 screws so you'll have five different voltage levels on signal wire.

Cerbo can't do anything with this. You could make a bridge with an adruino and a handful of transistors and resistors to give Cerbo the 1240 ohm - 30 ohm (Empty - Full) its looking for.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.