question

simonsays avatar image

SeeLevel I (not II) to CerboGX

Our Motorhome has a SeeLevel I, not the newer SeeLevel II, tank monitoring system.

It's hard to find good info, but it would seem the sensor sends a value between 0 and 5V, with linear progression, to show the level. 0V is empty, 5V is full, 2.15V is 43%

I got this info from this manual:

Garnet SeeLevel I Tank Monitor Accessory

That document also mentions the sensors have 1,000 Ohm internal resistance.

I believe we have the Model 707 SeeLevel I (Documentation HERE)

It would seem this system uses the 12V it gets from the RV to power the display, and read the 0-5V values from each of the tanks. Is there a way to read out those values via a CerboGX or similar?

It is my understanding that the newer SeeLevel II system, that DOES have an N2K variant, can work with GX, but I think that would also require new tank sensors to be installed (which I want to avoid).

With lots of older high-end motorhomes being bought by younger couples, I hope someone can find a way to convert SeeLevel I to interact with a CerboGX or VenusGX.

Venus GX - VGXcerbo gxtank monitor
2 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jesseafuchs avatar image
jesseafuchs answered ·

Hey, I have thought about this. I think the new GX tank 140 could be used, 5 volts would need to be sourced from a separate power supply, but the signal could go to the 140 i reckon

1 comment
2 |3000 characters needed characters left characters exceeded

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

or perhaps the signal could just be jumpered to the tank 140? and the Seelevel device and the cerbo could be used to display levels