question

simonsays avatar image
simonsays asked

SeeLevel I (not II) to CerboGX

Our Motorhome has a SeeLevel I, not the newer SeeLevel II, tank monitoring system.

It's hard to find good info, but it would seem the sensor sends a value between 0 and 5V, with linear progression, to show the level. 0V is empty, 5V is full, 2.15V is 43%

I got this info from this manual:

Garnet SeeLevel I Tank Monitor Accessory

That document also mentions the sensors have 1,000 Ohm internal resistance.

I believe we have the Model 707 SeeLevel I (Documentation HERE)

It would seem this system uses the 12V it gets from the RV to power the display, and read the 0-5V values from each of the tanks. Is there a way to read out those values via a CerboGX or similar?

It is my understanding that the newer SeeLevel II system, that DOES have an N2K variant, can work with GX, but I think that would also require new tank sensors to be installed (which I want to avoid).

With lots of older high-end motorhomes being bought by younger couples, I hope someone can find a way to convert SeeLevel I to interact with a CerboGX or VenusGX.

cerbo gxVenus GX - VGXtank monitor
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
jesseafuchs avatar image
jesseafuchs answered ·

Hey, I have thought about this. I think the new GX tank 140 could be used, 5 volts would need to be sourced from a separate power supply, but the signal could go to the 140 i reckon

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

jesseafuchs avatar image jesseafuchs commented ·

or perhaps the signal could just be jumpered to the tank 140? and the Seelevel device and the cerbo could be used to display levels

0 Likes 0 ·