question

Danny Evans avatar image
Danny Evans asked

Easysolar II GX Cannot access remote console through VRM Portal but can through Remote on LAN IP

As title states.

Remote console is working fine via bluetooth or wifi using my phone and "VictronConnect" app if using the "Remote Console" link but not when using the "VRM ONLINE PORTAL" button on the same page.
Neither does it work using the "VRM" app on my phone or the VRM Portal webpage on my PC if I click the "Remote Console" link in the left hand menu.
However I can access the Remote Console when using the "Remote on LAN" IP address link found under VRM, Device List, Gateway when I am on the local network. This works on both PC and phone "VRM" app.

I have checked the "enable on VRM" option and disabled the password check.

I would like to be able to use the Remote Console over the internet when not at home. How can I do so?

VRMEasySolar All-in-Oneremote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi @shtonkalot

You have this checked?..

1705819570393.png

And of course the Manual.. https://www.victronenergy.com/live/vrm_portal:start

As an aside, locally you can browse to 'venus.local' or even via the MFD app 'venus.local/app'.

1705819570393.png (16.9 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

Danny Evans avatar image Danny Evans commented ·

Thank you for the fast reply.

Can you tell me where I would find that setting?
I also had no idea that there was a manual for the VRM Portal, thank you for that info.

**edit**
I didn't see that setting anywhere but after I updated the firmware all appears to be working as it should without changing any settings.

0 Likes 0 ·