question

moodlyd avatar image
moodlyd asked

Blue Nova LifePO4 battery with Mulitplus II - current limit & Battery high voltage

Good Day

I have the 6KW 48V Blue Nova LifePO4 batteries connected to a Multiplus II, on ESS.

I have 2 issues I need assistance on:

1.When we have mains power fails and running on batteries, how do I limit the current \ power drawn from the batteries\system during this UPS mode to say 1000W (eg. System protects itself by shutting down if an hair dryer, air conditioner or kettle is connected)?

It was easy with the Hub-1 but cannot figure out how to do this on ESS. Impact is if we have no mains supply and run on batteries and don’t know that there is no mains, batteries drain quicker if we use high power devices.

2. Any idea why I receive high battery voltage alarms from the Blue Nova BMS at times?

Multiplus-IILithium BatteryBMScurrent limit
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) avatar image
Daniël Boekel (Victron Energy Staff) answered ·

Hi @Moodlyd

1. you can connect the heavy loads on AC-out2, in default mode ac-out-2 will not be powered when there is no grid available.

2. No, not with the information you give us.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.