question

sergiour avatar image
sergiour asked

Remote control on-off Phoenix Smart IP43 DC-DC Orion-Tr Smart to control with 123 smart BMS

I'm testing turning my three chargers on/off from one of the 123 Smart BMS relays.

The Phoenix Smart IP43 and the DC-DC Orion-Tr Smart have remote control on/off.

Can you confirm that if I apply 12v to pin H it will turn on the equipment and if I cut the 12v with the BMS relay it will turn them off?

Could the H pin of the two devices be connected in parallel with the 12v and turn both on or off at the same time?

Thank you for your comments

Lithium BatteryBMSremote console
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
wkirby avatar image
wkirby answered ·

I assume that there will be a common reference to battery negative.
If you apply H to battery + then the charger will be enabled.
If you apply H to - or floating the the charger will be disabled.

1620147841296.png

Also if the two chargers are sharing the same common negative then the same + can be used on the H pin of the different chargers. If the reference is different then better to use isolation, like relay contacts or opto coupler.

1620147841296.png (11.8 KiB)
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

sergiour avatar image
sergiour answered ·

ok!, si usan el mismo negativo.

el tercer cargador es un Blue Solar MPPT 100/30 que no tiene encendido / apagado remoto y necesitaría el cable de encendido / apagado remoto no inversor VE.Direct.

Entiendo que sería lo mismo y ¿podría el cable amarillo estar conectado al mismo 12v positivo controlado por el relé BMS?

Graciascaptura.jpg

captura.jpg (82.4 KiB)
1 comment
2 |3000

wkirby avatar image wkirby ♦♦ commented ·

Yes, this will also work.
Reference is via battery negative cable of the MPPT.

0 Likes 0 ·

Related Resources

Victron VE.Bus BMS product page

Victron 3rd party BMS compatibility page

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic

Battery Compatibility

Did You Know - How to create a battery profile for non-Victron batteries?

Additional resources still need to be added for this topic