question

skaphan avatar image
skaphan asked

Using EV with V2L as generator to power critical circuits via split phase generator inlet

I'm trying to figure out how to connect an EV with V2L to a house generator inlet. I'm in the US, so V2L EVs at this point seem to generate 120V, and house wiring is split phase 120/240V. The generator inlet connects to a critical loads subpanel and there is a manual transfer switch, but neutral is not switched. House wiring has neutral bonded to ground. There is an autotransformer configuration where the Victron autotransformer can be used to step up voltage from 120V to 240V split phase, but is it OK for the neutral output of the autotransformer to connect to the (grounded) house neutral? If not, what is the right approach here?

Also, I believe (not 100% sure) EVs with V2L will have their own neutral-ground bonding, though it's not much of a ground. I'm assuming the ground from the vehicle should not be connected to house ground as for both vehicle and house to be happy, the neutral-ground bond should occur in only one place.

I don't see a role for Multiplus or Quattro in this situation, am I missing something?

Any help understanding this will be appreciated!

GeneratorwiringAutotransformersplit phasesafety
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

0 Answers