question

sveinungkb avatar image
sveinungkb asked

Cerbo GX - No battery monitor found (SmartShunt)

After putting my project aside for some months, I started up again my SmartShunt (v 4.14) which is connected using a VE.Direct cable to a Cerbo-S GX (v 3.0, v 3.10).

However, my Cerbo is not picking up the SmartShunt as a battery monitor which was working fine before. I've validated that the VE.Direct cable is outputting data using a USB serial adapter so both the cable is fine and the SmartShunt.

I saw some other mentions of similar issues where unplugging the VE.Direct, restarting components has mitigated the issue, but that has not helped for me.

I've tried toggling "Has DC system" on or off, battery monitor is set to Automatic.

screenshot-2023-09-18-at-224204.png

cerbo gxBMV Battery MonitorSmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
kevgermany avatar image
kevgermany answered ·

VE Smart is not compatible with VE Direct. Please disable that

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Check your SmartShunt settings via Bluetooth on your phone using VE.Connect to make sure that it is set as a Battery Monitor not as a DC Energy Meter.

3 comments
2 |3000

sveinungkb avatar image sveinungkb commented ·

It's set to Battery Monitor. I've tried to reset it to defaults too without success.

screenshot-20230919-211933.png

0 Likes 0 ·
sveinungkb avatar image sveinungkb sveinungkb commented ·

Here's Product Info

screenshot-20230919-211924.png

0 Likes 0 ·
sveinungkb avatar image sveinungkb sveinungkb commented ·

Probably not relevant, but here's VE.Smart Networking settings. Since it's connected with a VE.Direct cable this isn't relevant right?

screenshot-20230919-211948.png

0 Likes 0 ·