question

anthony-gonzalez avatar image
anthony-gonzalez asked

Auto Generator Start Stop with Predator 5000w

I am stopped for long periods of time on my semi truck. I want to put a harbor freight 5000w inverter generator(which has push button start and remote start key)on my truck with an auto gen start stop. I mainly need to power a 1000w 12v 60-80amp ac unit, 1000w microwave,1500w coffe machine, 300w laptop and printer. I know I can power everything with the generator directly except the AC, so I want to go with power queen lithium batteries and multi plus 2 and cerbo gx and dc to dc charger for starter batteries while driving. My question would be. Can I connect the generator to the multiplus and make it auto start stop with a cerbo GX off my phone(if I can how do I wire it) and will I have enough power from the generator to charge a battery bank to full and then generator stop to give it rest? (The goal is to power everything and charge the bank and cycle it so I only run gen when needed) also if I don’t need something or if I can simplify or change for better efficiently please help.

Multiplus-IIcerbo gxEasySolar All-in-Oneorion dc-dcgenerator auto start
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
derrick thomas avatar image
derrick thomas answered ·

The cerbo gx uses a dry contact relay which is either NO or NC and changes state to start/stop the generator. You would need a generator auto start control board if your generator does not have a simple on/off input, which most will not.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.