question

bondsc avatar image
bondsc asked

How to get both Phoenix and MultiPlus II showing as AC loads

Hi.

I have two SmartSolar MPPT charging a bank of batteries. A Phoenix 24V 1200VA inverter is then used to provide the AC. I'm running Venus OS on a BeagleBone Enhanced and this all works fine. I can see the solar yield from both MPPT and how much AC power is being consumed via the Phoenix.

But I've now purchased a MultiPlus II 24V 3000VA and, so far, am only using it as an inverter. It is connected to the BeagleBone via CAN.Bus and is detected fine (so in "Devices" I see both MPPT, the Phoenix and the MultiPlus II) but when the MultiPlus is turned on, the "AC loads" in the summary screen only shows the load on the MultiPlus. If I turn the MultiPlus off, then "AC loads" shows the Phoenix load again.

I know that Venus OS can see everything because in the menus, it shows me the current loads for both inverters.

So, to summarise, "AC loads" either shows the MultiPlus load OR the Phoenix load, but not both.

Ideas?

Multiplus-IIVRMPhoenix Inverter
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

1 Answer
Alexandra avatar image
Alexandra answered ·

@bondsc

The GX is designed to have one ve bus system (control one ve bus system) showing loads on the front tiles.

So really not without some mods to the OS. Not even sure how you could do that.

The other option is a meter.

1 comment
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

bondsc avatar image bondsc commented ·
Thanks for the info. I'm happy with that answer since I can access all of the raw data. I mainly just wanted confirmation that it wasn't a problem with my setup.

Thanks again :)

0 Likes 0 ·