question

kuban-invertor avatar image
kuban-invertor asked

Bmv-712 and smart shunt

Hello! I have a boat with two motors. two starter and two service batteries. can i use on one pair of bmv-712 batteries and on another pair of smart shunt? . I want to connect both of these devices to cerbo . will this work?

cerbo gxBMV Battery MonitorSmartShunt
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

2 Answers
pwfarnell avatar image
pwfarnell answered ·

Yes you can use both, BUT you can only choose 1 of them as your master battery monitor. The other will be reported under devices but not shown on the main flow display. This means that the SOC will report only the one battery and if you have DVCC set up then this will work from that one battery. You will need to connect the SmartShunt to the Verbo with a VE direct cable.

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

kuban-invertor avatar image
kuban-invertor answered ·

thanks for the answer! in the device section I will only see voltage and current ? without soc. did I understand correctly?

1 comment
2 |3000

pwfarnell avatar image pwfarnell commented ·
In devices you should see SOC for both batteries, but the SOC on the flow page will only show the one chosen as the master battery. I did not explain clearly.
1 Like 1 ·