question

Herve RV Nizard avatar image
Herve RV Nizard asked

Easysolar settings

Good day. I am a bit confused with "how to" set / Program the easysolar 1600/24.

I have installed:

- Easysolar 24/1600

- BMV700

- Color control

i have purchased VE Direct to USB interface cable , Interface MK3 - USB (VEBus to USB) ,VE Direct cable.bluetooth dongle...

Where I need help :

1- I have connected the BMV 700 to the shunt and have all readings on the BMV 700.

2- I am having difficulties connecting the color control. I am a bit confused as to which ports must be connected.

- On the EasySolar, I clearly see the VE Direct port of the charge controler, but I do not see any port on the inverter part ; So I wonder how to connect ( to program) the inverter part of the easysolar to the color control.

Could someone help me by telling me which cables do I need to do this configuration, and where to connect them ? i have been looking for videos and tutos but can't find any .

Greatly appreciate your help.

Thanks

BMV Battery MonitorCCGX Color ControlEasySolar All-in-OneVEConfigure 3wiring
2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

4 Answers
Murray van Graan avatar image
Murray van Graan answered ·

The EasySolar inverter is a Multiplus, that connects via a normal RJ45 cable to the color control. The charge controller connect via Ve.Direct cable, to the color control. Everything in your system should connect to the color control

2 |3000

Up to 8 attachments (including images) can be used with a maximum of 190.8 MiB each and 286.6 MiB total.

JohnC avatar image
JohnC answered ·

Hi Herve. Just adding to Murraynated's post, it's the VE.Bus connection you need to make. Some smaller inverters have VE.Direct, but I suspect your's will be a Multiplus, which uses VE.Bus. It's summarized here: https://www.victronenergy.com/live/ccgx:start Ignore the VE.Can for now, maybe relevant with exotic batteries or somesuch.

I agree it can be confusing, and afaik there's no one place to have it all explained away. Adding the web/VRM portal opens up more options too, but maybe more confusion as well to novices.

Bit like buying an exotic car, where you may need someone to show you over the controls. So keep asking until you get your head around it all. The kit you have already should see you right though for anything you need to do.

2 |3000

Herve RV Nizard answered ·

Thank you. The easysolar indeed has a multiplus. But i looked at it manytimes and i do not find any VE Bus port on the inverter side . I see the ve port on the CC , but nothing on the multiplus area ?

1 comment
2 |3000

klim8skeptic avatar image klim8skeptic ♦ commented ·

Hi Herve,

Have a look at appendix C, page 189 of the manual.

https://www.victronenergy.com/upload/documents/Manual-EasySolar-1600-EN-NL-FR-DE-ES-IT.pdf

0 Likes 0 ·
Herve RV Nizard answered ·

Thanks to all. Clearer now .Done it and it works !!

2 |3000